Aviation SolutionsIn today’s competitive world of global aviation, airlines need to contend with stringent security requirements and regulations while striving to maintain their business in a harsh economic climate. Consequently, there is an urgent need for aviation solutions that bring greater speed, security, and accuracy to ground handling operations, thus cutting costs and increasing passenger satisfaction and retention.
Did you know that the key areas that passengers remember about their airport experience are the timeliness of check-in, the services offered prior to boarding, and bag retrieval at their final destination? The majority of airlines misconnect between 2 and 50 items of luggage per thousand, incurring huge annual repatriation costs in the process, which will inevitably be passed onto passengers. The financial impact of this is two-fold, not only does it cost a significant amount to retrieve and ship each bag back to its rightful owner, but the loss of a frequent customer when multiplied by thousands can have a profound effect on an airline’s financial stability. Add to this the associated security risk implications of bags travelling without accompanying passengers, and it is clear that airlines need a solution to help them get it right first time.
It’s no secret that there are great challenges in the baggage management industry, and airlines and airports are constantly searching for solutions that:
- Provide industry standard baggage reconciliation and baggage management systems.
- Reduce the percentage of lost baggage that is caused by manual mishandling.
- Reduce the quantity of misconnected baggage that is caused by unorganised baggage management in baggage handling areas.
- Reduce the time that is required to process interline baggage to less than the industry standard of 50 minutes between transfer flights.
- Ensure that bags are always authorised to be loaded into the correct container and onto the right flight.
- Limit the human error factor by providing the right tools to enable operational staff to make informed decisions.
- Provide proactive communication of information of mishandled and misconnected baggage to passengers.
- Maximise security of baggage from check in to pick up at its final destination.
FirstBagTM is Zafire’s innovative and highly successful IATA standard solution to the long-standing problem of baggage reconciliation.
Radio Frequency Identification is a scanning technology that is similar in theory to bar code identification. The key differences are that RFID eliminates the need for line-of-sight reading that bar coding depends on, and RFID scanning can be done at greater distances than bar code scanning.
Many airports and airlines agree that BRS systems are very beneficial to the smooth running and financial health of the Aviation industry as a whole.
Consultancy and project management